As we begin to collectively acknowledge the harmful absence of indigenous perspectives in mainstream culture, we find ourselves at crossroads during celebrations and customs that have long served to hide indigenous realities. This toolkit, lifted up recently by People’s Hub, offers thoughts and resources that can help us take advantage of this opportunity for reflection learning, dialogue, and growth toward a more inclusive, just and compassionate culture and world.
This 2022 Rethinking “Thanksgiving” Toolkit was created by the Indigenous Solidarity Network, a group of allies from SURJ (Showing Up for Racial Justice), Catalyst Project, and others at Standing Rock.
Artwork by Kandi White, Indigenous Environmental Network, CultureStrike and Micah Bazant
- “Landback for the People” Podcast Series by NDN Collective.
- Find out whose land you are on. Then, find ways to support your local Indigenous communities.
- What Thriving Communities Look Like With The Indigenous Environmental Network (Rhodes)
- Radical Economics: Centering Indigenous Knowledge, Restoring the Circle (Roanhorse)
- Applying Asset-Based Community Development in an Urban Indigenous Context (Sokoluk)