Architect, community planner and author Ross Chapin joins Robert Thompson and Mike Neiss to share his passion for pocket neighborhoods, which he considers the building blocks for vibrant and resilient communities. How is a pocket neighborhood different than a regular neighborhood? Is this community or claustrophobic? These are just a few of the questions they tackle in this continuation of Thompson and Neiss’s Leadership for the Common Good blogtalkradio series.
- 10 Ways to Create Community Where You Live (Chapin)
- The Point Is the Place (Block)
- Occupying a Different Community Space (Jackson)
- Designing to Belong (Not Just to Be) (Ripley)
- Small Steps to Creating Community
- The Neighborhood Café and Other Hospitable Places (Erpenbeck)