Download or listen to John and Peter’s conversation with architect, community planner and author Ross Chapin, the leader in defining and designing pocket neighborhoods. Ross believes that scale and design impact the quality of our conversations, relationships and our sense of community. His work has inspired news stories in dozens of major U.S. newspapers, magazines and TV shows, and his projects have won numerous design awards, including the American Institute of Architects Housing Awards for 2005, 2007 and 2009.
Click title to download or just listen.
Running time (with Q&A): 0:50:21
- 10 Ways to Create Community Where You Live (Chapin)
- Building Blocks for Vibrant and Resilient Communities (Chapin/Thompson/Neiss)
- The Point Is the Place (Block)
- Occupying a Different Community Space (Jackson)
- Designing to Belong (Not Just to Be) (Ripley)
- Small Steps to Creating Community
- The Neighborhood Café and Other Hospitable Places (Erpenbeck)
Home page image: opensource.com