John and Peter talked with social innovator Margery Spinney on May 2, 2019 about how the dividend housing system she invented provides permanent housing affordability and allows residents to add value and receive an economic return on their housing choice. In the process, they build community by working together toward common goals.
In their conversation Margie showed a couple of slides from her presentation on how dividend housing works. In response to requests from several participants, she agreed to have us post them.
See the slides here.
- Building Wealth for All through Dividend Housing (Spinney, McKnight, Block)
- Building Wealth for All through Dividend Housing (video)
- Cornerstone Renter Equity (independent evaluation report)
- Cornerstone Renter Equity (citizen-made video)
- As More Households Rent, How Can We Encourage Them to Save? (Center for American Progress)
- A Brighter Future: Equity Program Helps Renters Build Wealth (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)