Former professional basketball player Will Allen is a leader in the food security and urban farming movement through his farm and not-for-profit, Growing Power. He and his organization have trained and inspired people in every corner of the US to start growing food sustainably. What’s more, they offer a way for people to share knowledge, form relationships and develop alternatives to the industrial food system.
- How to Reduce the National Debt by 30 Trillion Dollars (McKnight, with resource list courtesy of Fresh Taste)
- From Gangs to Gardens (Gustafson)
- Abundant Community: Local Food Alliance in Placer County, CA (Bordelon)
- From Backyard Lettuce to “Learning Garden” Sweet Potatoes
- Growing Community I: What, Why and How (Fulton)
- Together We Grow Healthy Food, Family and Friends